Goldenbridge cemetery gates will open to visitors for the first time since it closed in 1869, its use curtailed then to those with established burial rights.

 A tour of Richmond Barracks will include a tour of the first non-denominational cemetery in Ireland, founded by Daniel O’Connell in 1828. Visitors will walk in an unspoilt garden cemetery, learn about the vaults, the watchmen with guard dogs, the story of bodysnatching, visit the grave of two former Taoisigh, an eight year old boy’s grave (killed a result of a bullet wound in the 1916 Rising) and an Irish rugby international player’s grave who was member of the 1896 Lions tour to South Africa.