Join us for an uplifting spring and Easter themed craft workshop, hosted by eco-gardener and artist Polly Rowley Sams.
Celebrate the season of new life, sunlight and growth, by creating your very own bright and beautiful spring garland or wreath. In this interactive Zoom workshop, Polly will guide you through the step-by-step process of creating a wreath or garland using natural and recycled materials gathered from around your garden, home, local park and neighbourhood.
This workshop is free to attend but places must be booked in advance.
Polly’s list of materials you will need
Have fun collecting the following:
- 4 x 1m lengths of willow, hazel, dogwood or ivy* (Anything that is flexible and can be formed into a hoop is useful, so this could also be wire)
- Foliage such as ferns, honeysuckle, ivy
- Any spring flowers such as daffodils, tulips, daisies and ornamental raspberry
- Catkins or small length of trees in blossom
- Dried flowers
- Elastic bands
- Scissors, sharp knife or secateurs
- Anything else that attracts you, captures your imagination or that you would like to incorporate. For example, feathers, marbles, buttons, brooches and other small scale objects, especially those that can easily be attached or tied on.
*Note: Collect these items considerately from your garden or local parks, or talk to your neighbours (at a Covid Safe distance!) and if you ask, I think you may find they don’t mind if you cut a few pieces to use.
Enjoy collecting your springtime treasures and keep your eyes peeled for wildlife!