We are hiring a Visitor Experience and Venue Manager
We are hiring a Visitor Experience and Venue Manager at Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8 to help achieve our ambitious aims to connect the citizens of Dublin through culture and conversation.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1 March 2024.
The Visitor Experience and Venue Manager at Richmond Barracks is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the delivery of customer service at its pinnacle. This will encompass overseeing the services of Front of House and Visitor Experience at Richmond Barracks. This includes the management of the Visitor Experience Team, consisting of Visitor Experience Coordinators, Visitor Experience Assistants, and those on work placements.
The role requires steadfast support for customer and person-focused policies and approaches. Additionally, ensuring the seamless operation of the venue and facilitating an environment that will contribute to the success of all teams and activities at the venue is a key aspect of this position. This role requires some flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends.
See the full role spec, including salary, employee benefits and candidate description here:
The main areas of responsibility are outlined in this job description but we have a brief summary below:
- Line Management of Visitor Experience coordinators and assistants, including overseeing their day-to-day tasks, rostering and training
- Ensuring the team provides a warm welcome and be the primary point of contact for tour guides and the initial contact for facilitators, artists, speakers, and others involved in hosting events and activities within the building.
- Work with the Company accessibility officer and the Culture Company Accessibility Working Group to ensure the building and activities at Richmond Barracks perform to the highest possible standards in terms of accessibility
- Support the team running our quarterly Fairs, managing all Visitor Experience and customer service elements and staffing to ensure the Fairs operate successfully and ensure all invoicing protocols are completed.
- Manage the overall running of historical tours and the four seasonal Fairs in the building and provide support for other activities in the building as a whole including Walking Tours, Venue Hire, Culture Connects , Inchicore Library and other visitor experience offers as outlined or agreed.
- Manage all relevant financial administration and ensure daily cash and credit card reconciliations are correct, and filed appropriately.
- Support connecting the work of Richmond Barracks to the local community by seeking opportunities for new relationships and links to support cultural access and connection to our work.
- Oversee the coordination of security and cleaning services for the Richmond Barracks building, with approved budgets and necessary approvals from the line manager.
- Supervise project-related activities undertaken by the gardener and other contractors such as maintenance and garden maintenance suppliers,
- Maintain adherence to Health and Safety compliance standards for visitors, artists, and facilitators, in accordance with the Health and Safety Policy outlined by Dublin City Council Culture Company.
- Execute financial procedures, and adhere to the proper administrative systems and record-keeping practices as stipulated by the policies and procedures of the finance department.
To see more details of this job vacancy, and find out how to apply for the role, please visit this website.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1 March 2024.